Monday, September 29, 2014

What Is This Class Again?!

So recently I've been journeying to become a licensed nail technician and classes have been going a bit slow. I'm currently in a required class that actually has little to nothing to do with nails, but of course I'm determined to pass! Not to mention a very...eccentric instructor, so its a little hard to keep on track.


One of my first feelings in this class was "Um..." because it can go quite fast and is mainly centered around cosmetologists in general and estheticians. I used Sinful Colors Dream On as a totally rad base color, layering Butter London Cake-Hole and Slapper. Practicing more with acrylic paint, I decided on 3D looking letters and used dot glitters for the ellipsis.


 Occasionally I look around the room with a "Wtf" expression on my face, only because the instructor can get off topic easily and I end up feeling like I'm in space. Topics can include, but are not limited to: babies, personal experiences, jokes and all around insanity. Sinful Colors Dark Room was a nice base to start and I added Rainbow Honey Diamond Dust for some sparkle. I also sponged on Color Club Trippie Hippie, Rev'd Up and Sinful Colors Snow Me White. I hand painted a few stars with acrylic paint and "Wtf" lettering.


Lastly, the expression shared throughout the entire class is usually "Huh?". As said before the instructor can go quite quickly from one lesson to another and a few times can even get lost herself. I decided to go for more of a feminine look this time, starting with Orly Coachella Dweller and added some dried flowers. After hand painting the "Huh?" I decided to add some silver butterflies.

This class can be tough at times, but you can be sure that I'm not going to sit on my butt and fail!


No comments:

Post a Comment