Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Fresh 'N Fruity!

I've been seeing delicious fruit themed manicures all over the place this Summer! Everyone is getting so creative and trying different fruits. I wanted to try my hand at some fruity manicures and join in the fun. 


I tried my hand at a dragon fruit manicure, using Deborah Lippmann Polka Dots And Moonbeams and pink acrylic paint. I've never even tried dragon fruit before, what does it taste like? This manicure came out a little odd, but it grew on me. I couldn't quite figure out how to get the outline perfect with tape, so I free hand painted it.


Now I know what you're thinking, are those actual leaves? They are! I wanted to take my strawberry manicure up a notch and used actual strawberry leaves. I used Color Club Mamba as a nice juicy red and pressed holes in it with a dotting tool. Don't worry though, I took this manicure off as soon as I had taken photos.

4 comments: