Sunday, August 17, 2014

Inspiration From Nailpolis!

Awhile back I got an e-mail invite to a new site that was launching called Nailpolis, it was said to be a place to post your nail art and connect with other nail artists. Once I signed up, I started uploaded my art immediately and found they had really great features! You can input what polishes you used, link all your social media on your galley page and they even have badges!

What I love about the badges is it gets me to try new things, get new ideas and inspiration. They also hold nail art contests constantly. I've gotten to really love Nailpolis, so when they started their one million follower contest, I just had to join in the fun!


My entry was inspired by the banner they had up advertising the contest. I started with Sinful Colors Enchanted as a base color. For the pennant flags I painted gold studs with Sinful Colors Savage, Revlon Sunlit Grass and China Glaze Under The Boardwalk. You know I love my 3D effects, so I took some thin yarn to string the pennants. To finish off the look I dotted confetti on the base color!


Nailpolis has had a Paris themed badge for awhile now and it inspired me! I went in search of some charms to use and found a perfect travel set with an Eiffel tower. I wanted to work off of the pastel purple of the suitcase, so I chose Zoya Gei Gei. I also painted and cut a decorative confetti piece for above my accent nail. The only problem I have with this manicure is that my striping tape left purple spots on the white stripes, other than that I think its too cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment