Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Practicing With Acrylic Paint!

Last Christmas I was pretty ecstatic to be gifted a huge set of acrylic paints. Previously I had purchased a small professional nail art brush from Japan with the idea of using it for painting. I'd seen a lot of nail artists getting into using acrylic paint for amazingly detailed and beautiful art on their nails. I decided I wanted to try it out and although I'm not on the same level they are, I think my art is improving!


On the right is Princess Bubblegum, the first I had ever painted with the acrylic paint. My lines were shaky and the detail on the face wasn't great, but I don't think she turned out too bad. Next up I tried Lumpy Space Princess, although my lines were improving I still have trouble with such tiny details like the face. 


This is my first full manicure that is done mainly with acrylic paint, minus the background color. I decided to file the sides of the free edge to make the shape more similar to a cupcake wrapper. There's most definitely room for improvement still, but I really love how this turned out! I'm excited to keep practicing and have a lot of fun painting with acrylics!


4 comments:

  1. Looks good. Love the colors of your cupcakes and the 3d elements you added.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm a huge fan of 3D elements and love using them all the time. :D

      Delete
  2. These look great! The cupcakes are brilliant - I look forward to seeing what else you come up with x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really enjoyed painting these and can't wait to paint more manicures. :)

      Delete