Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Gearing Up For Summer

Oh my goodness have I been having a heck of a time being sick! A few weeks ago I had gotten a respiratory infection, which I suffered through and loaded up on antibiotics. I had started to feel better on Friday and suddenly got very unlucky and caught the flu. I was attempting to stay away from polish fumes for awhile until I felt better, but its been way too long and I'm only falling further behind.

First off I have a quick little manicure I did a week ago, its super cute. I also have some swatches from Sinful Colors' Summer collection to show you. So let's get to it!


Ever since I came across Deborah Lippmann I'm Not Edible, I've had the idea of creating a watermelon manicure. I tried a bit of a ruffian manicure with Sinful Colors Pistache and I just love it! The pastels are a nice way to tone down the Summer feel and turn it into more of a Spring manicure.


Curry Up is a gorgeous Summer chartreuse with added blue shimmer and hidden iridescent specks. It only took two coats for this color to go opaque. I was hesitant to grab this color because I have a ton of chartreuse already, but the shimmer and specks sold me on it!


Peppered Amazon is a vibrant green teal with silver shimmer sprinkled in. Two coats for opacity and a smooth formula with this color. Another favorite shade of mine that I couldn't pass up. Come on, we all know any little difference in a color means its okay to buy it!


Lively In Lilac is a lovely dark purple jelly with orange copper hex glitters in it. It would've been too hard to get opaque on its own, so I did three coats over China Glaze Light As Air. I'm usually not a fan of orange, but it looks fantastic with the purple jelly!


Embers Only is a spicy hot red with silver shimmer and hexes throughout. It was a tiny bit sheer, but three hefty coats was perfect for opacity. I am living for this color and would love to see it paired with a gold!


3 comments: