Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sorry For The Disappearing Act!

The title says it all, I managed to disappear for two whole weeks and I'm sorry for that. I became so tied up with finals, appointments, family and getting ridiculously sick. First of all, I was able to finish my first two classes for Nail Tech and get passing grades. Secondly, I finally got myself some glasses (Which are taking some getting used to), so no more nearsighted blur! And third, whatever has me so sick feels a million times worse because I have asthma. Which is also why I haven't been posting much, polish fumes don't mix well with asthma as it is. Heh.


Before my classes ended though, I managed to do this manicure for my Intro to Cosmo final. We had a group project on ancient Egyptian makeup routines. Queens like Cleopatra and Nefertiti would dip their finger tips in henna to dye the nails a nice blood red. Seeing as that would cause some major staining, I just went with Sinful Colors Aubergine instead! I also added some sandy pyramids with Rainbow Honey Kitsune, outlined in golden circle studs. I also used Rainbow Honey Gilded Angel for the background of my golden treasures accent nail. I hand placed golden studs of every shape and size, even added some crystals! 


I did an Easter manicure last week also, for a contest at Nailpolis.com! I always loved the flocking powder bunny I did last year, so I decided to bring it back. I used Zoya Blu for a nice sky blue background. Hand painted the eggs with O.P.I What's With The Cattitude?, Butter London Kerfuffle, Butter London Fruit Machine, Zoya Neely and Butter London Molly Coddled. I added a cute little chick to accompany my bunny this time, with little studded flowers for Spring!

Hopefully I can get through being sick soon and get back to work. I have a list of swatches and ideas I'd love to get done and show you all. Thanks for sticking around!


2 comments:

  1. I love both of these looks! I swore I was done with buying flocking powder, but I've seen so many cute manis this week using it, that I might need white (and yellow) now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I absolutely love working with flocking powder!

      Delete