Thursday, February 13, 2014

You Complete Me, Valentine!

Valentine's Day is tomorrow and what better way to celebrate than with big geeky nails! I've been a huge fan of Tetris ever since I got to play it for the first time. A puzzling time waster with iconic pixel blocks? What could be better! I actually ended up using a photo of a Tetris heart as my Save The Date, so of course I had to revisit the style for a Valentine manicure.


I wanted to fit as many color into my pixelated heart as possible and I cannot tell you how long it took me to try to work and rework the pieces into a complete heart. As you can see, there was just no way to get a heart without leaving a empty space or having multiples of each piece. I finally decided to make my own piece out of sparkling crystals!


I know that the nails look extremely fake and a bit too big for my fingers, but I still like how this manicure turned out. I used Sally Hansen White On as a base and sprinkled China Glaze Fairy Dust on top. It was a little hard to decide where the pieces would be and to get them completely straight. I wanted to make sure I had a good amount of each piece and a variety of colors on each nail. But I can easily say that I fell in love with this manicure!


2 comments: