Sunday, February 23, 2014

Milani Golden Lid Glitters

I know its been a few days since I've posted, but its been quite a busy couple of weeks! I've been spending time getting ready for school, which I've started now. I am now working my way to become a certified nail technician! I'll be sure to write more on that later. Also now next week is my twenty-fifth birthday, so that's exciting.

Anyway, on to today's post! I tend to check my local drugstores weekly, just to see if there are new collections or products, and I came across these new gold lid Milani polishes. They're located in the regular display, so I believe they'll be permanent! There were some lovely pastels and glitters, but these are the two that caught my eye the most.


Sugar High is a multi-colored matte glitter top coat, with a hint of metallic silver hexes. The coverage of this color is fantastic, because I layered one coat over Zoya Jacqueline! I absolutely love the color combination they chose and I think it goes really well with neutral colors.


In matte, it still looks stunning. The silver glitters pop and the colors don't get muted much. It makes me think of colorful pebbles on a sandy beach. Now that's a place I'd like to visit!


Sugar Rush is a pastel multi-glitter with less colors, bigger hexes and silver holographic glitters. The glitters in this color aren't packed as tightly, I layered two coats over Sinful Colors Tempest. I think this color would be great for a Spring manicure, paired with a pastel blue.


Personally, I prefer this glitter in matte. Especially over the pastel purple, it looks like candy! You can still see the holographic effect of the silver hexes though, so that's nice. I will definitely be picking up more of this line in the future!


4 comments:

  1. I wasn't super in love with these when I first saw swatches but I love them layered over a base! They look awesome. I can't decide which combo I like better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm wasn't excited about the others, but now that I've seen these I'm going to give the rest a try. :D

      Delete
  2. Hi I wanted to let you know I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award based on your pics and posts.Great blog! Link below for info.
    http://nailsnbling.blogspot.com/2014/03/wow-im-nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete