Friday, February 7, 2014

Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Set Review


When I won grand prize for the Deborah Lippmann and Wicked manicure contest, I was sent an amazing prize pack! Included was a set of her Gel Lab top and base coat, which I had never even heard of before. The set is to give the long lasting and shining effect of having a gel manicure, without having to use special polishes or a curing lamp. So I figured I would give it a try and let you guys know how it went!


I decided to use Zoya Godiva with little black studs as a simplistic decoration. The directions on the Gel Lab box say to use the base coat, wait a minute and then continue with polish and top coat. Its super easy, just like using a regular top and base coat and look at that shine! It dried fairly quickly too, which was a nice plus.


Here is a photo of the same manicure after ten days! You can see the growth of my nails, by how much bigger the gap between my cuticles and polish has gotten. The tips have worn slightly and the stud on the thumb had the paint rubbed off a bit, but other than that it still looks intact!


I did have a bit of a chip on my ring finger on the tenth day as well, but it was so small you couldn't really see unless you were up close. I can't tell you how long this manicure could have lasted, because I was itching for a new manicure on the fourteenth day. But I was really impressed with the lasting power of this set! I can already tell you that I'll be buying it again when I run out. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wear test! I will definitely need to try this, looks like it'll be great for vacations and stuff. The shine is incredible, especially over the texture polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! It was a bit of a struggle since I swear I paint my nails multiple times a day, but I did it for NAIL SCIENCE! :D

      Delete