Friday, January 3, 2014

Disney Inspiration: Let It Go


I recently had the pleasure of going to see Frozen and I absolutely loved it! I've been listening to the soundtrack ever since. The characters are fantastic and each have their own personality. I was most inspired by Elsa, her icy powers and beautiful blue hues caught my attention.


Although the layers made this look a little thick, I love how it turned out. The cracked ice effect I achieved on my nails turned out fantastic and I loved adding the flocking powder to the accent nail. Finally getting some use out of my glitter shards was not only nice, but ended up looking like a gorgeous shattering icy heart.


To achieve the icy effect of my nails, it took several coats, including a few that were dabbed on with a plastic bag. I started with O.P.I What's With The Cattitude! and layered Sally Hansen Blue Blizzard and Orly Matte Green Flake Top Coat to give it a frosty shine. I continued with dabbed on Sally Hansen White On and Zoya Blu for those cold cracks. Then topped it with Zoya Frida for a blue tone and some Seche Vite for shine!


For the snow covered nail with the cracked ice heart in the center, I used What's With The Cattitude! underneath a layer of Zoya Frida and covered it with white flocking powder. Blue glitter shards over a white heart cut out symbolize Elsa's icy heart shattering.



4 comments: