Sunday, September 22, 2013

Frosting And Butterflies!

An unlikely combination for sure, but I wanted to share with you a new indie I received from a friend and a contest entry for Rainbow Honey! Life has been quite busy lately, but things are starting to get back on track. I'm also really excited to get back to working on the blog and am starting to hoard prizes for my next blogiversary!


I've always been a fan of glitters in cream/jellies and when I saw this color I had been lemming over it for ages. I was so excited to have a friend send it to me and I promised to swatch it immediately! Frosting is a tasty pink cream/jelly with magenta, purple and silver hexes and silver hearts. I did three coats for a good coverage and to add some depth to the glitters.


It looks even more scrumptious in matte coat! One of the things that amazed me about this color is how many hearts you can easily get out of it. I know some colors with big glitters are troublesome to get out of the bottle, but this was a breeze! As my first bottle of Picture Polish, I'm so pleased and can't wait to get my hands on more of their colors!


So recently I spotted Rainbow Honey was having a contest about pairing your outfit with one or more of their colors. I love making manicures inspired from outfits, so I was pretty excited for this contest. I decided on my favorite dress, its vibrant and covered in butterflies.


I combined The Frizz and Magic Cake over black for the majority of my nails. And sponged on The Kraken and Mint Flavor for an awesome sky background for my butterflies. The butterflies are fimo pieces that started out orange and I custom painted them to match the ones on my dress. I also bent their wings to give it a 3D look, which I absolutely adore. Here's hoping I win! 


No comments:

Post a Comment