Thursday, September 5, 2013

Disney Inspiration: Oogie Boogie


Since I purchased my UV light and realized that neon polishes give off amazing glow, I've had this idea in my head. Nightmare Before Christmas has always been a favorite of mine and Oogie's luminous lair grabs your attention with color! And although the thought of a villain made entirely of bugs creeps me out, Oogie is a pretty cool character.


I absolutely love how this turned out! I admit I used fake nails, but I wanted to be able to save this look. This is my first time using a nail art brush from my Bundle Monster set, which I should have used sooner, so I'm still getting the hang of using a brush.


I used Color Club I Always Get My Man-Darin and Cynthia Rowley purple for the roulette wheel. First time using cut tape triangles, it was a little messy. I used a black striper polish for the lines, let them dry, but they streaked anyway.


I tried to recreate the skulls seen in his lair, but they streaked as well. Used Illamasqua Geist, which is clear, so I had to paint under the UV light. Then I placed a few single glitters from Salon Perfect Zapped.


Oogie himself was made with Color Club The Lime Starts Here! I wanted to make sure he came out perfect so I painted this on a ziplock bag and peeled it off after it dried. Added some Salon Perfect Zapped for a little more glow.


I used O.P.I Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It for his infamous snake eye dice. I think those skulls are the tiniest thing I've painted yet! Another touch of Salon Perfect Zapped to tie it in with the others.


And finally the swirl pinky, made with Color Club Wham Pow! I didn't try to make the line perfect because the art style of his lair has hard edges, plus it gives more character.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha, awesome idea! Love The Nightmare Before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And who doesn't? Its such an amazing movie. :)

      Delete
  2. AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! OMGOMGOMG this is SO AWESOME!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible! Looks great! I really had one of the songs from that movie stuck in my head yesterday. I'm so ready for Halloween and to watch this movie! (Although I doubt I'd need the excuse, but still! haha)


    - Toria
    http://toriamasons-treasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. SERIOUSLY!!?!?! This IS AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Featured this on my recent Fab Finds post!

    http://toriamasons-treasures.blogspot.com/2013/10/fab-finds-5.html

    ReplyDelete