Thursday, August 1, 2013

Maybelline Polka Dots: UK VS US!

A little while back I got my hands on the UK Maybelline Color Show Polka Dots collection and was ecstatic! A few weeks after, I noticed that the colors were available in the US. Thinking I had already gotten them, I passed on them, thinking it was the store lighting making them look lighter. But now I've come to find out that not only do the UK and US versions have different names, but are also different shades!


As far as the two names go, I'd have to say Rain Forest Canopy just sounds more appealing. But its pretty clear that these are totally different shades. Drops Of Jade is a lighter shade, whereas Rain Forest Canopy is more of a dark emerald. They're each beautiful in their own way.


Again, Shooting Stars just sounds better than the US name, but maybe that's just me. Its obvious that these are on opposite sides of the blue spectrum. Blue Marks The Spot is a soft periwinkle, which is nice for Summer. Both are gorgeous, Blue Marks The Spot is a lot more sheer though.

I only did these two pairs because I felt the pinks were similar, the oranges didn't really interest me and you can't really have different black and white glitters. But if anyone notices that there are differences in the pinks, please let me know!


2 comments:

  1. It seems to me (from your pictures, at least) that the UK ones are more of a jelly finish while the US ones are crellies. I have most of the US ones and they definitely have a crelly finish, but Rain Forest Canopy and Shooting Stars seem to be more jelly-ish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You're right, the UK are definitely jelly finish. :D

      Delete