Monday, May 27, 2013

Japanese Dollar Store Polishes

 Quite a while back I went to a Japanese dollar store with my mom, which was loads of fun. But what kind of trip would it be if I didn't check to see if they had any polish? To my delight they did and it was only a dollar each! I meant to post these way long ago and now I finally will.


They're all by a company called Winmax, which I don't know anything about. I picked ones that I thought looked really pretty, what other way is there to pick polish? Most of the writing is in Japanese, so I can't tell if they have names or not. I did notice they have numbers behind the text though.


Winmax Pedicure #12 is a purple jelly with micro holographic hexes. I did three layers over Sally Hansen Good To Grape. The tinted jelly made the purple darker, which I like. I have a major thing for tiny holo glitters, so this is a winner.


Winmax Nail Brights #10 is a black creme with silver holo glitters and a bronze shimmer. I did two coats over Sally Hansen Black Out and it had very good coverage. I think this has to be my favorite of the three, its a unique combination.


Winmax Pedicure #10 is a clear base with shades of blue and iridescent hexes. Three layers over Nicole By O.P.I My Lifesaver and it ended in pretty nice coverage. I was most disappointed in this one because you have to work around a lot of clear base to get a good amount of glitters.



2 comments:

  1. The purple is my favorite! When ever I pick dollar polish's they only last like two days max. How long did these last?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only worn the black out and about. It lasted quite a while, but honestly polishes don't last long on my nails. I'm way too rough with my hands and change my manicures way too often. Haha.

      Delete