Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sharing My Collection!

 So sometime last year I shared my work space with you all. If you'd like to see the huge difference between then and now, you can look back here. I thought I'd share with you how much of an obsession this has become, but in the best way possible! Not only has this become a hobby of mine, but its becoming a whole collection and although there are those who don't understand, I'm very proud of it.


My first acrylic polish rack consists mainly of indie polishes, which I absolutely love. Any chance I get I support indie companies and they make some gorgeous polishes! I also keep my Orly Flash Glam FX, Illamasqua, Lime Crime, Models Own and Nails Inc here as well.


I think Color Club has to be one of my favorites, I easily built a lot of my collection on finding cheap packs of them at places like Ross and TjMaxx. I really like to sort by collection, but near the end its randoms.


Underneath the Color Club rack is what wouldn't fit, hehe. Plus China Glaze and Finger Paints! Ending with my favorite flakie set.


And my last shelf consists of Deborah Lippmann, Butter London, O.P.I, Essie and Zoya. Its a bit hard to keep this one organized because I tend to keep adding more!



I keep a few drawers underneath my desk that hold what won't fit on shelves and my supplies. You'd be surprised just how many different nail accessories there are out there! The photo above contains my Ulta, Revlon, Sinful Colors, Orly, Nicole By O.P.I and randoms.


This drawer holds all the polish that wouldn't fit anywhere else, guess its time for a new rack! It also holds scissors for tape manicures, my nail art brushes, cotton pads, my acrylic liquid and other random accessories. The purple box in the corner is a three tier container full of more accessories.


Here it is open and there are so many things to fiddle with! Acrylic molds, glitter, flocking powder, hole punches, stamping tools, magnets, acrylic powder and wheels of gems! This is definitely my go to container for ideas and inspiration.


 I also have a set of smaller drawers. The drawer above holds drugstore and a few random polishes as well. Mainly Sally Hansen, Wet 'N Wild, NYC, Confetti and a few Milani.


The other drawer holds more accessories like more flocking powder, flakes, fimo sticks and caviar beads. I also keep my nail wheels, some mini polishes and make-up sponges for gradients. But its mainly full of top coats, base coats, matte coats and nail strengthener. 


Now comes the fun part! I have this shelf for specialty polishes and displays. The top layer has mini O.P.I sets, liquid sands, spotted and crackle. I have the Minnie Mouse collection in the front, but I keep the rest of my pinks/reds in the display as well. In the middle is the first Rainbow Honey collection I received for review, an Edge Of Glory set, Mari Moon and a China Glaze Up & Away Display. And finally I have my Candy Lacquer My Little Pony collection and a frame holding the fake MLP nails I did for a contest.



And finally my newest display for Disney's Beautifully Disney nail polish collection. I painted the shelf and frame recently with wicked green glitter spray paint to give it a more glamorous feel! Of course its a little scarce for now, but hopefully it'll be full someday.




2 comments: