Saturday, February 9, 2013

Zoya PixieDust Collection!

I was so excited when I heard about Zoya's PixieDust collection and pre-ordered it right away! I have a love for textured polishes lately and it seems like they're getting popular. This was my first full collection order from Zoya and was pleasantly surprised with the effort they put into little extras! Along with the collection I got swatches of their Spring collection, a mini bottle of their remover and some Qtica dry drops!

This post is going to be pretty photo heavy because I wanted to show each color's texture without top coat, with shiny top coat and also with matte!


London is a stormy grey with what looks like tiny silver glitters. I know the texture looks rough, but its actually surprisingly soft. 


Once I put top coat on it you can really see the tiny sparkles.


Of course I had to try matte over it as well. I really like this color in matte, it looks like stone.


Vespa is a nice dark mint with a pinch of silver magic. This one really makes me think of Tinkerbell.


You can really see the great color of Vespa with top coat.


And a matte top coat really softens the color!


Nyx is a gorgeous periwinkle blue. I'm really loving the textured look this collection has!


I really think this color is beautiful with top coat. It becomes a really moody blue.


And with matte it becomes a pretty light blue. Its making me think of the Blue Fairy from Pinocchio.



Chyna is a luxurious ruby red. By itself its more of a brick red which is still really pretty.


With top coat it becomes a sparkling red, almost like Dorothy's shoes!


And with the matte top coat you can see all the little sparkles and detail they put into these polishes.


Godiva is fresh, sparkling nude tone. Now with my skin tone it doesn't look nude, but it is.


With top coat the sparkles really shine!


And with matte is really reminds me of soft sand on a nice beach.


And finally Dahlia is a lovely raven black. For some reason by itself this reminds me of coal, but not in a bad way. I really like this look!


The top coat really brings out the sparkle in this and makes the black even darker. Its stunning!


This has to be my favorite color in matte though, its just so beautiful!


I'm so glad I ordered this collection because it is such a unique and charming collection. Don't let the texture part of it fool you because these colors become a whole different polish depending on whether you use a top coat and what type of top coat you apply.









4 comments:

  1. These are really pretty! I really like Vespa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! I can't wait to get them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I loved all the pictures you had. Not many people matte-ify their swatches. I can always rely on you for that. Haha, you really reignited my obsession with matte finish.

    Which on of the pixie dust polishes is your favorite? I am really interested in getting London and Godiva. Do you know if these polishes are sold online or if I really have to order of online?

    Thanks again for all three gorgeous swatches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. I noticed that not a lot of people show things in matte so I decided it would be something I always tried to do. I love matte. :)

      They're all pretty in their own way. I think Dahlia is gorgeous though and Nyx is really pretty in matte.

      As for purchasing them, you might want to check local beauty stores in your area, I've noticed that sometimes they have Zoya!

      You're very welcome. :)

      Delete