Monday, February 18, 2013

Pairing Flakies With Colors!


Flakies may be a trend that's been around for a little while now, but I thought I'd do a post on pairing them with colors. Usually you get the best results out of flakies over black polish, but these colors really make them pop!


Zoya Chloe has a pink tint to it in the bottle, so I thought pairing it with a red would be a good idea. I adore how it brings out the orange and yellow flakes, it looks like burning embers. I used Sally Hansen Cerise as undies for this pairing.


Finger Paints Flashy has orange flakies in it, its always a good option to pair flakies with colors that are similar or identical to the flakie color. I used O.P.I Flit A Bit as undies in this pairing. Its subtle, but cute.


I was having a really hard time trying to get a flakie to show up on a yellow. I finally decided Finger Paints Twisted looked nice on Sinful Colors Unicorn. Its easy to pair rainbow flakies because any color will look pretty.


Zoya Opal has green flakies, but when they're not in the light they look pink. I paired it with Butter London Fiver and created a soft, elegant appeal. 


I noticed that although Zoya Maisie had a blue tint, the flakies were mainly green. So I used Essie Mojito Madness to bring out the green, only to notice the subtle blues in the photo!


One of the great things about Essie Shine Of The Times is that its so vibrant and loaded with flakies that it looks good over just about anything. I used Layla Softouch Effect Aqua Zen for undies and it turned out really gorgeous!


Finger Paints Motley is a cool blue flakie, but instead of using a lighter blue I decided to go with something a little darker. I've been loving Essie Butler Please lately and it created a really great pair with Motley. It brings out the lighter blues in the flakes.


I'd have to say this is my absolute favorite pairing! Finger Paints Twisted is full of rainbow flakies. I've only ever seen it over darker purples, so I wanted to go lighter. Lime Crime Lavendairy makes Twisted look really beautiful.


I took a a chance with this pairing, but it turned out nice. Finger Paints Asylum has orange and purple flakies. Using Zoya Sweet as undies was a good idea, it ended up bringing out the purple in Asylum.

Hopefully this post will give you ideas next time you want to wear a flakie with something other than black!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you this post has really helped me looking for some inspiration for my polish jewellery making :)

    ReplyDelete