Saturday, January 12, 2013

Disney Inspiration: I'm Gonna Wreck It!


As soon as I saw Wreck It Ralph, I fell in love with everything about all the characters and the entire movie. Its so different from any other Disney movie I've seen and I'm a big fan of video games. I knew that I wanted to incorporate the main characters into a Disney Inspiration right away!


I noticed that a lot of Ralph's clothing was red so I decided that would be the main color. I also wanted to incorporate things about himself and his story. So each nail has its own little story.


For the thumb nail I did the medal he went chasing in Hero's Duty. I actually painted a button gold and used real ribbon for the necklace part. I took some bar glitter form another polish to bring emphasis to "Hero"!

                                

My index finger I decided to just paint his shirts. I mixed Sinful Colors Savage and Sinful Colors Exotic Green to make a really great teal matte. I loved it so much I plan to get extra bottles of the colors and franken the color for myself!


For the middle finger I painted his big 'ol fist. Well equipped to wreck any building! It wasn't too hard to paint, but I did cheat a little with the ziplok method. You can paint anything, let it dry and it'll peel right off!


The ring finger has to be my favorite. I'm becoming a huge fan of 3-D nail art and took a chance on this one. I painted a little bit of jean fabric the red of his overalls and attached it. Using a tiny sequins for the button that connects the strap. 

                                   

And finally the pinky, its a little messy. I painted some rectangle glitter red and used it for falling bricks! Bricks are a big part of the actual game itself and I thought it'd be cute to incorporate them as well. 





4 comments:

  1. So freaking cute! I haven't seen the movie, but now I think I have to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its a really great movie, I highly suggest it. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, the ring finger is so creative!! I love this mani :) Still need to see the movie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'd have to say its my favorite nail. :)

      Delete