Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Disney Inspiration: I Can Fix It!


                                   

To complete the trio of Wreck It Ralph nails, its finally time for Felix! He may be the hero in his own game, but he's not that star of this movie.  Felix is a good character though, funny and cute. Plus the Fix It Felix game is super addicting and fun.


These aren't as 3-D as the other two characters I did, but I still like how these turned out. Lots of blue for his outfit and used some ribbon for little things.


Sorry this photo is a little blurry, I'm still getting the hang of my new camera. A big part of his outfit is his utility belt which holds his golden hammer. I decided to use ribbon for the belt and thread for the stitches in his pants.


I decided to do my index nail as his folded up jeans. I used ribbon and more thread for the stitching. I think using the ribbon was a way to make the nails 3-D without going too crazy.


On his baseball cap there's a Fix It Felix logo! I used the Ziploc method of painting the logo on a baggie and peeling it off after it dried. It worked pretty well and I like how it turned out.


This nail has got to be my favorite of the set! I used a yellow base and painted a hammer head, using more ribbon for the handle. I did a sort of glitter gradient around the hammer and yellow bar glitter to emphasize its importance!


In the Fix It Felix game pies are his power up so to speak. So I thought I'd incorporate that as well. Its a pretty simple nail, but with all the others it looks great!



2 comments: