Saturday, December 1, 2012

Disney Inspiration: Vanellope Von Schweetz!


Vanellope Von Schweetz is a new character from Wreck It Ralph, which is a fantastic movie! I fell in love with her character (and all the others!) so fast. If you haven't seen this movie, I highly suggest it. She's not only adorable, but witty and sassy.

I wanted nails that represented parts of her and her story. I incorporated actual sprinkles and even candy wrappers into these nails and just adore them! These were a lot of fun to work with and I'm really glad I did them on fake nails so I can keep them.


The thumb nail is a cookie she makes for Ralph, it says "You're my hero" and its just so cute! I can't tell you how hard it is to write teeny tiny cursive, so I apologize if you can't read it. I actually took some sprinkles and cut them in half with an x-acto knife so that they would lay flat.


I based this nail off of her cute Reese's wrapper skirt and used the actual wrappers! I placed her stocking color underneath to peek out. I think its an adorable 3-D look and I think its my favorite. I also did my ring finger as one of her stockings!


My middle finger I wanted to recreate her sweet hair! I used tons of sprinkles for this nail and it was so much fun. In the lower right corner I used two with purple in between to make the head of a gummy bear. And the peppermint is a white sprinkle dot that I painted with red stripes.

                           

And finally I wanted to incorporate her car into these nails! So I did the hood of her car, complete with a sprinkle and half pearl headlights. I used star glitters for around them and even did a pink icing drizzle.


I had so much fun doing these nails and am so happy to be inspired by this great movie. I'll definitely be doing some Wreck It Ralph and Fix It Felix nails soon!





4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aww, that's really sweet and also made me chuckle. :)

      Delete
  2. These are SO cute! The middle finger is my favorite. I can't believe the patience you had to paint a tiny sprinkle into a peppermint. <3!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took awhile, but I seem to have better patience when it comes to manicures. Hehe.

      Delete