Thursday, November 1, 2012

Ziploc Hole Punch Tutorial

 I wanted to do a short tutorial today on how to hole punch Ziploc bags for nail decals! I used a heart hole punch in my Queen Of Hearts nails and got a lot of questions on how the heart was so precise. You're going to need a Ziploc bag (of course), a piece of thick paper (like printer or scrapbook), polish and a hole punch!


First of all just take your colors and paint a little swatch on the Ziploc bag. You'll want to make sure its 100% dry or the polish might stick to the hole punch or smudge. Once its dry, place the paper underneath your color swatch and put both pieces into the hole punch. I would suggest putting the paper on top so that the polish doesn't stick to the hole punch.


There are two ways to do this. You can wait until the polish is completely dry and peel it off the baggie, then place on the paper and hole punch. There's a small chance of it cracking if its too dry though. What I do is just hole punch through the baggie, color and paper and peel the polish away from the baggie.


Once you're done with that step you can place your decal on your nail and place top coat over it. If you want to insure it won't move you can put a dab of clear polish down before you place it. I noticed my green had become discolored after using my top coat, but I figured the point was to show how nice the hearts turned out!


I got a few bubbles as well, but I thought the end result was really cute! I haven't tried this technique with smaller hole punches, but it works perfectly with big designs. Have fun!


8 comments:

  1. I love this! I can't wait to try it. It looks so much easier than using stamping plates.
    Your nails look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see what you come up with! I'd say its easier. :)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I just tried this with a snowflake punch (one I've had little success with other methods because of the details in it) and it worked perfectly! Thank you so much for this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear! I bet your nails look super cute! :D

      Delete
  3. I have been toying with the idea of getting a set of punches for ages! I seriously have to now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it! They're really fun to make! :)

      Delete
  4. I truly relish whilst I go through your blogs and articles.hole punch

    ReplyDelete