Sunday, October 7, 2012

Rainbow Honey Limited Edition The Yokai Review


I am so happy that Rainbow Honey sent over their new limited edition The Yokai collection. Three gorgeous new polishes that I'm happy to review! Looks like they've updated their boxes, they look lovely.


Kawako, Oni and Kitsune are perfect for fall and Halloween.


Again, I just love the font they use on their bottles!

Kawako "The michevious river child" is a deep, dark blue with what looks like gold or silver micro flakies. They are also hidden bigger flakies in there, so that was a nice surprise!


It looks just gorgeous with a shiny top coat.


But the real magic of Rainbow Honey polishes is when you put a matte coat on them! You can see on my thumb and index finger the hidden bigger flakies.


Oni "The malevolent wild demon" is a gorgeous black packed full of golden and chocolate brown micro flakies. I didn't find any bigger flakies, but its still beautiful.


I love the richness of this color with shiny top coat.


You can really see the gold flakies when its matte. Its just amazing!


Kitsune "The magical white fox" is a yellow creamy base with orange, brown and gold tiny hexes. It just screams Autumn, I love it!


I cannot begin to tell you how freaking gorgeous this color is! It makes me think of Fall and Reese's candy! 


In this case, its a lot more beautiful in a shiny top coat than in matte.

I'd have to say that Kitsune is my absolute favorite and will probably be wearing it until Winter. And Oni is a close second, its so rich! 

This collection will be available at Rainbow Honey on October 13th, so be sure to check them out and grab some before they're all gone! I highly suggest it!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,I was googling for swatches.I love your blog! I am not much for halloween polish,and I don't know if you have any inside info.Do you know if there will be a Rainbow Honey Fall Collection?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not entirely sure if they'll have a Fall collection, I think this is their Halloween/Fall collection. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so glad that you are back to blogging and you are doing such an amazing job!! Love the middle color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep seeing Oni on nail blogs everywhere, and it looks so gorgeous and perfect for fall. As for drugstore brands, I see similar enough shades of brown, but none of them can match that shimmer/complexity! Actually, I was just in Walmart, and pretty much every red/plum/brown I think I saw was cream!

    ...I was kind of bummed. I think subconsciously I was looking for an Oni dupe!

    ReplyDelete