Thursday, August 30, 2012

Indie Thursday: Model City Polish

As some of you know I love to go on Reddit.com a lot. I'm part of a community there called Reddit Lacqueristas, they share their creations, sales, info, anything related to nails. I happened upon a post of someone starting their own indie polish line. So I got in contact with them because I was dying to try their polish out. This post is dedicated to Model City Polish!


I decided on three that caught my eye, which was hard to do because she has tons of gorgeous polishes. From left to right: Puttin' On The Ritz, Attack Of The Purple People Eaters and Teal Me Up.


Puttin' On The Ritz is full of black and silver square glitters. The silver glitters are slightly holographic, which is pretty. 


I had tried layering Puttin' On The Ritz on top of a hot pink, but it didn't really look good. So I put it on top of O.P.I Pink Friday. I only did one layer, so the coverage is amazing! For some reason the combination of the pink and black make me think of some type of 50's themed nails.


Attack Of The Purple People Eaters is stuffed with different shades of purple hex glitters. And also has some holographic glitters! 


I paired it with Essie Play Date. The two purples compliment one another. I used one coat, so again the coverage is perfect. The little holographic bits make it really gorgeous.


Teal Me Up is a teal jelly base, with tiny teal square glitters and bigger black square glitters. I love anything that has a jelly base, so this one was calling to me.


I used Nicole by O.P.I My Lifesaver because I didn't want to darken the teal too much. I am in love with this one, its so beautiful. One coat again, she is good at packing glitter because I always get good coverage.


All in all I'm really impressed with the quality of Model City Polish. And I'm certainly going to purchase more in the future. I suggest you check her out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment