Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mattifying Glitter!

I know this isn't exactly a new trend going around, but its something I recently tried and just fell in love with. You would think that mattifying glitter would take all the shine out of it, but it really just brings it out. I wanted to try several different looks and colors to show just how great it can really look!


For my first look I wanted to try something neon, electric and sassy! So I used Color Club Raspberry Rush as a nice deep neon pink base. I topped it with China Glaze Techno, a great holographic glitter that I snatched as soon as I laid eyes on it. After putting the matte top coat on, it just looked amazing.


My second look I'll be honest that I just wanted an excuse to use these two colors, but I thought they made a good match. I used Essie Mojito Madness as a nice spring green base. Topped with Spoiled Jewelry Heist which has lovely bronze, gold and a hint of green glitter in it. The matte top coat really made the glitter sparkle in this look, I just love it!


I can't lie when I tell you this is my absolute favorite of all these manicures. The purple and the hot pink glitter is just fabulous together! I used an unknown Cosmetic Arts neon purple as a base, its one of my favorite purples. Topped it with Milani Hot Pink, which is hot pink and silver hex glitters. Mattifying this duo was the best thing I could've done because it just looks fantastic!


For my last look I wanted something light and airy. I used Revlon Dreamer as a nice fluffy blue base. Topped it with O.P.I Pirouette My Whistle, which I recently got and love. Mattifying it only made it more soft and dreamy looking. I really like how it turned out.

I absolutely love mattifying glitter and will continue to do it all the time, but don't worry my posts won't turn into me just mattifying everything I own. I enjoy doing these types of posts, showing several different combinations of one trend. I hope you enjoy them as well!

8 comments:

  1. I love matte glitters!

    I think the purple and pink one is my favourite too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just something about it, right? :D

      Delete
  2. Love the way this looks! What's the topcoat you're using? My local stores don't have any matte...:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just got the new NYC Matte Topcoat. I found it at CVS, it works really well and is super affordable!

      Delete
  3. These look great! I especially love the blue and purple ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those were my two favorites as well. :)

      Delete