Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Disney Inspiration: To Infinity And Beyond!



Toy Story always made me wonder as a child whether my toys would come to life while I was asleep or gone. I loved the concept and all the characters. The first Toy Story inspired manicure I had to try was Buzz Lightyear, he's hilarious and one of the main characters. Not to mention his whole outfit is just so colorful! 


For the accent nail I wanted to do a representation of his chest plate. I used Sally Hansen Lickety-Split Lime as a base. For the buttons I used Ulta Blue Streak, Sinful Colors Exotic Green and Sally Hansen Rapid Red. I took a dotting tool, made two dots and made a line to connect them. For the rest of the nails I really wanted to incorporate his wings! So I used Sally Hansen Grape Going as a base, used tape to make the white at the base of my nails. I decided to hand paint the red stripes and they came out a bit messy, but I really liked how this manicure turned out! I was sad when I noticed the topcoat was leaving bubbles though, I guess that means I need a new bottle.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment