Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mystery Theme Week: Glitter!

So today I wanted to do something a little different and try out some polishes that I haven't used yet. I choose three of the glitters I've been dying to try out! To explain this weeks posts a little further, I made a choice to change something about myself this upcoming weekend. I wanted to share it with you all, so I'm making this weeks posts slightly related. I'll explain more throughout the week, I promise!


So to start off I wanted to try one of the new Orly Glam FX! I used Man Glaze Fuggen Ugly as a base, with Orly Can't Be Tamed on top. I wanted it to be matte, so I had to use a matte topcoat after the glitter. I really liked this look, its subtle. It gives a really dark and mysterious vibe and has just the right amount of color. I'm definitely going to grab more of the Glam FX collection!


For my next look I wanted to use the Sticks 'N Stones I happened to stumble upon on Ninja Polish one night. I used Wet 'N Wild On A Trip as a nice base. The bar glitter was a little hard to place, but the outcome is so worth it. I fell in love with Sticks 'N Stones as soon as I put it on! I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of black and white glitter in my future.


For my last look I wanted to use Deborah Lippmann Stairway To Heaven. I used Essie Play Date as a base. You probably can't tell, but something caused the base color to do a subtle gradient. After having it on for awhile the tips and bottom were still purple, while the middle turned a lighter pink. I still loved it though.

Enjoy!

4 comments: