Monday, June 4, 2012

Request And Nail Mail.

Today will be a shorter post because I have to work on more Disney inspired manicures and also make dinner for everyone here. Since we've moved my husband and I have gained a roommate, his brother. Which isn't as bad as it sounds. So that both of them can go to school out here and I'm just a stay at home...lady. Haha.

Awhile back I got a request from one of my friends to try my hand at wood grain nails. I was so focused on making the nails look perfect that I forgot the whole point of wood grain was that its not perfect at all. So I tried my hand at them finally!



I used Sinful Colors' Nirvana as a base, but lightly brushed a bit of Sally Hansen's Expresso on top for some discoloration. You can't really see it, but I felt it helped the wood effect look better. Then I used a non brand dark brown applied with a skewer for the lines. I tried using a brush, but I think I've gotten so used to the skewer that its what I'm comfortable with using. I topped it off with matte top coat instead of shiny for added effect. I really love how this turned out and I honestly didn't think I would! I'm glad that it was suggested because I don't think I'd have ever tried it out, which would've been a shame.

On another note, I got my first nail mail from my Vegas shopping spree. Today I received the O.P.I Minnie Mouse collection and instantly fell in love.


Left to right: The Color Of Minnie, I'm All Ears, Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It and If You Moust You Moust.

Since my nails are being occupied by a new Disney inspiration right now, I opted for swatching a bit on some paper and wow! I love that there was this pink and purple subtle shimmer in Nothin' Mousie 'Bout It, I was not expecting that. Now that I have the collection my next mission would be to get that adorable display from this set! Wish me luck!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment