Monday, June 11, 2012

Disney Inspiration: Gypsy Outcast


The Hunchback of Notre Dame was one of the first Disney movies I remember seeing that had a more serious undertone. I've always loved this movie though, if not for the whole "don't judge a book by its cover" moral then for Topsy Turvy itself. But lets not forget the sassy and saucy gypsy Esmeralda! I remember being younger and actually being her for Halloween, my mother made my costume. 


For this manicure I wanted to do something related to her costume, since its so colorful. I'm not usually into accent nails, but I really liked this one. I used Butter London's Slapper for the color of her corset and gold striping tape to complete the look. And on the accent nail I used Sally Hansen's Good To Grape as a base and Sally Hansen's Cherry Cherry Bang Bang for the other half of her skirt. Finished it with gold striping tape and gold hex glitter for coins. I really love how this manicure turned out! I wanted to keep it on for longer, but I had to do other manicures for the blog. I'll definitely be doing this one again though!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. So creative! I was Esmeralda once for Halloween as a child too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! How cute! :D Now I just picture a band of tiny gypsies running down the street. Hehe.

      Delete