Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Disney Inspiration: Flippin' Your Fins You Don't Get Too Far


I've always loved The Little Mermaid and the adventurous side of Ariel herself. I wanted something to capture the whimsy and beauty of a mermaid. I've had this manicure saved for awhile, but I think I'd re-do Ariel inspired nails again and again because there are tons of possibilities!

(With flash)

I decided on using my Nubar Reclaim to represent her tail, I would assume it would be shiny and maybe even holographic. Or maybe I just have high hopes for mermaids. I did a glitter gradient with Nubar's Hyacinth Sparkle to bring Ariel's seashell bra into the manicure. I couldn't find a way to incorporate her gorgeous red hair, but maybe next time I will. Because lets be real, that hair defines her!

(Sunlight)

You can see the glitter gradient much better in this picture, I just used the flash to show the holographic effect. I've come to learn that I really love gradients and I'd like to think I'm improving at them. 

Sorry for another short blog, I have got to stop doing these short posts! I was just anxious for nail mail today that I waited on posting in the hopes that I'd have Rainbow Honey's Equestria Collection to swatch, but that post will have to wait until Friday.

Enjoy!



9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love The Little Mermaid. I have a 9 month old daughter and have been gathering Disney The Little Mermaid pieces for her room. I found a gorgeous heart shaped toss pillow for sale for 12$ someone was selling. It came from the Disneyland theme park in CA and I live in SC. It has a big picture of Ariel's face on one side with hearts and pearls and the other side has her name embroidered across it in silver and turquoise surrounded by hearts. Just gorgeous! Your manicure really is so pretty. My other Disney fave is Cindrella. You have inspired me to do a mani based on both soon. 8)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so adorable. :) I don't have children yet, but I know when I do Disney will be a big part of their childhood. I live in CA and love to visit Disney as often as I can. And I'm glad I've inspired you, you'll have to link me when you do them, I'd love to see what you come up with!

      Delete
  2. This is really beautiful!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this with Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream...while singing along to the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be really pretty! :D

      Also, have you seen Ariel's Beginning? Its really good!

      Delete
  4. Really really pretty love. Keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty!! My daughters name is Ariel =) hubby picked it

    ReplyDelete