Wednesday, May 16, 2012

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic!

So, before I got rushed into a huge move I signed up for this great contest being held by Rainbow Honey! It was my first contest being held by an indie polish company and I was really excited. And it was My Little Pony themed! I love the new series, the animation is so cute and its full of humor. I wanted a unique entry and I know I've seen people do cutie mark manicures before.

I got inspired by Megasweet's mane six wallpapers. They were simplistic and beautiful. I wanted to paint all of them, but I'd have four nails left blank! So I wanted to include Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Spike and Derpy. I started the process by drawing smaller versions of all the characters on paper. Then used the Ziplock bag technique, placed it over the drawings and painted over the drawings.


This is the result and the entry I sent in to Rainbow Honey! Voting is open from the 16th to the 27th, I'd love your votes! You can vote here by liking my photo! I know there are little mistakes here and there, but all in all I love these nails! It was really tough getting the Ziplock pieces to lay flat on the nails, but eventually I got it to work. I'd have to say out of all the nails that Princess Celestia and Luna are my favorites! 

Please check out Rainbow Honey's blogfacebook and etsy shop!



1 comment: