Saturday, April 7, 2012

Disney Inspiration: Shattered Dream

So, I've been asked to do a Cinderella themed manicure. But I'm going to take a different approach than the original Cinderella. I've watched Cinderella 3 at least 100 times, if not more...let's be honest. It has catchy songs and takes a new twist on the story.


If you haven't seen it, the evil godmother gets a hold of the fairy godmother's wand, turns back time and makes everything change when Cinderella is kept locked up and Anastasia's big 'ol foot fits the slipper. But the part I'm getting to is when the evil godmother takes the matching slipper from Cinderella and tosses it over the staircase, where it shatters on the floor.


It was requested that I use Sinful Color's Cinderella as a base and I certainly did! But on top I layered just a bit of Color Club's Covered In Diamonds. Now my camera didn't like the beautiful color of Cinderella, so it does look a bit green. But I did have a picture with flash to bring out the colors of the shattered slipper.



I think I'll have to try my hand at Cinderella again, maybe include those silly stepsisters. You can look forward to a new post every other day, I'm going to try to keep this blog up and running for as long as I can! And I've already got big plans for when I reach 100 readers! :)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I have nominated you for Versatile Blogger award on my nail polish blog (:
    http://righthandnails.blogspot.com/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    and goodluck on your journey to 100 followers :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so cute! Very good job! <3

    ReplyDelete