Monday, April 9, 2012

Disney Inspiration: Maleficent's Curse


Maleficent is one of the most terrifying villains in Disney history, but lets not forget the Horned King in Black Cauldron. I wanted a manicure that didn't focus so much on Maleficent's skin and wardrobe color, but more on her dragon form colors and the curse she cast on poor Aurora.


I used my favorite dark purple Finger Paints' Amethyst Atelier as a base. Layered Zoya's Opal for a green fiery look. And the tape method for the spindle points, which are in Color Club's Gingerbread....because I really need to purchase another gold that doesn't smell like cookies. It really takes away from the whole evil part of the manicure, what villain bakes cookies?

I think this manicure just brings out the perfect sense of evil, without going too over the top. I wish I could've gotten the points a little thinner and even, but they look pretty good.

Today's post is pretty short because I have to get back to creating more inspiration and swatches. :) Until Wednesday!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Maleficent is my favorite Disney villian, and I feel like she never gets enough love (hence my profile pic :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think she's one of the best villains. Nice pic! :)

      Delete