Sunday, April 15, 2012

Disney Inspiration: Kevin's A Girl?!


I've been wanting to do nails based on UP! for awhile now. The opening is beautiful, heart wrenching and the rest is pure adventure! I didn't just want to do the balloons, the house or the sky. I wanted to do something new, colorful and fun. So I chose the cute, colorful snipe! I wanted to layer the coloring, but starting with the darker color created problems. It turned out to be a color muddled mess on paper. Starting with the lighter color was just too backwards.


Here is the outcome without flash. To get all the colors to stay bright I had to use a layer of white between every color, which was a bit of a pain. From base to top, the layers are: Butter London Slapper, Sally Hansen Pacific Blue, Sinful Colors Amethyst, Sinful Colors Boom Boom, Sally Hansen Sun Kissed and Sinful Colors Unicorn. I used the sponging technique to make the blending better and add feather like texture.


And here it is with flash! I really love all the colors together, its just so bright and happy. The problem with this manicure is it has about 13 layers, including base and top coat. Its crazy! I spent most of yesterday working on this manicure, but I still love it.


2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Kevin is my favorite after Doug!!! The nails look great! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete