Friday, April 27, 2012

Actual Sand Gradient

So today I decided to work on a contest entry! My new blogger friend over at Polished Dezinez Addict is having a wonderful contest with the theme of Tropical Paradise. So I walked over to the beach to get some inspiration and it came to me...SAND! There is nothing like looking out at the beautiful water with your toes in the warm sand.


I tried my best to do a nice blue gradient background, its my first try. I used Sinful Colors' Grecian Sun, Revlon's Dreamer, Color Club's Take Me To Your Chateau with a hint of Ulta's Maine Attraction to add a little blue-green.


To get the sand to stick and give it some color, I dabbed Color Club's Nomadic Nude on a make-up sponge and dipped it in the sand, then gently patted my nails. It was quite the pain and I can honestly say I don't think I'll ever be working with sand again, not actual beach sand anyway. Hehe. All in all, I think its a really cute, beachy manicure! 


3 comments:

  1. It is AWE-Mazing!!!!! thanks so much for coming up with such a lovely entry <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was pretty excited to enter. :)

      Delete
  2. I am flipping through nail designs and I am in LOVE with your designs!!!

    ReplyDelete