Sunday, March 25, 2012

NYC City Sweets Collection!

So, I went to my local Rite Aid yesterday and spotted this cute little display of NYC Cosmetics. Granted it was hidden behind a cart, but I have eagle eyes when it comes to polish. So I immediately picked up the four gorgeous pastels in their City Sweets Collection.


City Sweets Pink, Mint Macaroon, Peaches 'N Cream and Lavender Cupcake.


I checked online once I got home to learn more about these delicious little polishes and found out that they're supposedly a limited edition item. I decided that I needed to share these beautiful colors with the rest of the polish addicts of the world, in my book these are a must have! 


City Sweets Pink

It only took two thick coats to get this color opaque and it turned out to be a cute, bubbly pink. It looks lighter in the bottle, but still dries beautifully. This pretty pink is a creme that pops, perfect for any Spring occasion.


Mint Macaroon

Again, two coats is all you need to get this creme color opaque. I really like this mint because its darker than most mint greens out there, without being a harsh green. It even seems as though there's a teeny pinch of blue hidden within.


Peaches 'N Cream

This color looks a lot more bold on camera, but is actually a soft creamy orange. There's a twinge of pink to it, its really lovely. This was actually the first color in the store that called to me, then I saw the rest and just had to grab them all!


Lavender Cupcake

This is a pretty basic lavender, a pinch darker than most. It went on really smooth with two coats and for the price you just can't pass it up. I'm a huge lover of purple and this one is beautiful.


Overall, these colors are wonderful must haves for Spring. I think they're a steal for $1.99 each, you get great colors and great quality! I would hurry now before they're gone!


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely swatches!! What pretty colors :)

    I wanted to let you know I awarded you with the Versatile Blogger award!

    http://peacelovelacquer.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-first-blogger-awards-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want Lavender Cupcake. Love the name and color as I am a purple fan too. Blues and purples I have to stop myself from buying. LOL!

    Question: Are these with or without topcoat?

    ReplyDelete