Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Disney Inspiration: Princess Of Agrabah

So after my trip to Disney, I discovered that being in the front row of World of Color at 9pm is not the best idea in the world... Now I have to pay for it with I believe is the flu. So I took a few days to rest and am now ready to continue!


Growing up, Jasmine was (and still is) one of my favorite princesses. Putting aside the fact that we're both Arabian. She always seemed very down to earth and could stand up for herself. Not to mention her sass. I wanted something to represent not only her highness, but Agrabah itself.


Here's the swatch I did for my series notebook. I used Sally Hansen Insta-Dry in Slick Slate for the base. I used the sponging technique with Color Club's Nouveau Vintage, it really made it look like golden sands.  I used the taping technique for her tiara, which is Color Club's Gingerbread Man (the only gold polish I own). And then topped it all off with a blue jewel.


I really love how this one turned out, because it clearly shows on my nails. Not to mention it goes nicely with my skin tone! The taping did get a little messy, but that happens.

In other nail news, has anyone seen this?


I believe this picture is from O.P.I Italia, I saw it on FB a few days ago and almost lost it. Its their new Vintage Minnie Mouse collection and I cannot wait to get my hands on it! I've been hearing rumors around the net that this collection is set to come to the US in June and I hope they're right!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Cool manicure! And that Minnie Mouse collection is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And isn't it? I want it so badly. :)

      Delete