Saturday, March 24, 2012

Disney Inspiration: Faith, Trust And Pixie Dust

Apologies for being so splotchy with blog posts, I just got over a bad flu and am still having a little trouble with my asthma. But I've been feeling a lot better lately, going outside to get some fresh air and hopping around town for the latest nail polish deals. 

This post is dedicated to the fiery little pixie: Tinkerbell!


Who doesn't love this sassy, independent and sometimes short tempered little lady? I know growing up, I loved Tinkerbell and I still do! And with Spring here, I think this is the perfect time for Tink themed nails. I tried on two different styles and ended up loving them both.


First of all, I decided to go for a leaf design with a little pixie dust sparkle. The base was Sinful Colors' Happy Ending, which is a lovely green with a subtle gold shimmer. Then sprinkled China Glaze's Fairy Dust on top, for good measure. And very carefully placed some holographic green nail striping tape to complete the leafy look! It was a bit of a pain to cut the pieces just right, but I think it turned out pretty good.



For my second look, I used Sinful Colors' Happy Endings as a base again. But decided to use three....yes three different gold glitters for a nice pixie dust gradient. I started with China Glaze's Blonde Bombshell, speckled Orly's Shining Star and topped it off with a pinch of Color Club's Gingerbread. Gradients have always been a bit of a challenge for me, but I don't think I did terrible. 


I was really pleased with the outcome of both of these looks. When you think Tink, the possibilities are really endless. I might have to create some manicures of the rest of the fairies of Pixie Hollow sometime!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Both of these are so pretty! I love the glitter gradient, mine always turn out kind of funky.

    ReplyDelete