Friday, March 2, 2012

Disney Inspiration: Colors Of The Wind

I haven't posted in a few days, but I was busy waiting in the cold to get into Disneyland for One More Disney Day. It was a blast, I cannot believe I stayed the whole twenty four hours! As soon as I got home, I passed out immediately. But I'm well rested and ready for more Disney Inspiration.


I know I said last time that I'd be venturing down the rabbit hole, but I had a request to create a "Colors of the Wind" manicure. I was really excited about the idea and it took me a little while to think of how to convey that colorful scene in Pocahontas. I used China Glaze's Secret Perri-wink-le, which I thought looked similar to the color of the blue corn moon. And decided more flakies would be best to get across just how colorful the wind was! I combined Fingerpaints' Asylum and Motley.


Now the above swatch makes Secret Perri-wink-le look darker than it really is, but it shows the great colors of the flakies. Lovely shades of blue, orange and purple.


I'm loving the way these flakies change color with movement and light, I think its perfect for this idea. It represents the colorful leaves swirling in the wind. I do wish there was more purple though, Asylum has purple-ish flakies in it, but they took on more of a blue hue.


I know this picture is a little blurry, but I like the shine I got from the light. Next time I will for sure be doing my Alice in Wonderland manicure. There are just so many movies, scenes and characters to get inspiration from! I think this series will go on for quite awhile.               Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love this series! And, I've given you a blog award. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so much! That means a lot to me. :)

      Delete