Thursday, February 9, 2012

Off Hiatus And Haul-tastic!

Hello ladies and possible gentlemen out there! I know I gave no warning when I left, I had a case of manicure block. You know, that time when it takes hours to figure out what you want to do with your nails and when you finally decide and do it....you don't like it, ugh! And also an all day blackout in my building. But I am back! I think part of going into hiding was caused by waiting by my mailbox for new nail art supplies. I ordered thin striping tape and little fimo bows and I've been almost dying to do a stripe manicure. Anyway, in this post I'll be sharing my January and February hauls and also a manicure with China Glaze's Techno! New from their Electropop collection, which I am all over.


First though, I present my January haul!


From left to right: China Glaze Spontaneous, Finger Paints Raspberry Taffeta, Color Club Gingerbread Man, Orly La Chateau, Orly Charged Up, Sally Hansen Insta-dri Lickety Split Lime and Nicole by O.P.I Rainbow In The S-kylie.


Here's my February haul!


Left to right: Seche Vite top coat (my first time trying!), China Glaze Techno, China Glaze First Mate, Wet 'N Wild On A Trip, Wet 'N Wild I Need A Refresh-mint, Wet 'N Wild Candy-Licious, Sinful Colors Unicorn, Sinful Colors Innocent, Sinful Colors Amethyst, Sinful Colors Soul Mate and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed.

In the middle you'll see a nice buffer block I picked up at Sally's Beauty. At first I didn't think it was necessary, but now I see the light! When I first used it, it made my nails so smooth and shiny! They even feel a little healthier as well. So I really suggest that if you don't have a buffer block that you get one. This one was $3.99, but worth it. And I think it should last a long time. Its also easy to clean off.


The Wet 'N Wild's in the middle are new! And I think they've really improved on their product. They were all creme as far as I could tell, but I prefer cremes. The polish itself seems much thicker than usual Wet 'N Wild products and they all have the nice wide, rounded tip brush! I found these at my local Walgreens, they were on sale for buy two get one free and each costs $2.99.

For the last of my haul, a story I have to share. I'd been hearing about these Revlon dupes of Deborah Lippmann's Glitter In The Air and Bad Romance and how people were searching for them high and low. I'd looked around myself and had no luck. Well today was the day! I was looked around Rite Aid, just browsing. I turned and saw them, one bottle of Whimsical and two bottles of Scandalous. Now I admit, I did gasp and made an awkward scene, it was sad. (Please tell me someone has done this over polish, I don't want to be alone here!) My husband laughed at me and told me to grab one of each...I probably had them in my hand before he finished his sentence. Here they are:




Seeing as how this post is plenty long, I'll post my Techno manicure separately.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment