Thursday, January 12, 2012

Quick Cupcake Tutorial

Today's post is just a little quick post, so they might not look that great. I tried this design a few days ago, and being as obsessed with cupcakes as I am, fell in love with it immediately! But today I'm going to do a side by side, as they can be done with small beads/jewels or with polish (if you don't have any beads/jewels). First of all you're going to need three colors: A frosting color, the wrapper colors and a darker shade of the wrapper color for the wrapper lines. If you don't have beads/jewels you'll want to get out a color(s) for sprinkles and a red for a cherry on top! A dotting tool or toothpick will come in handy too. I choose Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet for the base, which will be the wrapper.


Once that's dry, you take your frosting color, I used Sally Hansen's Lacey Lilac. You want to take a little on the brush, not a big glob, but hopefully not too little. And make lines going upwards, big lines at different lengths. So as to get a sort of drip, frosting effect.


And you should get a look like this...


Now its okay to get a little messy because...well come on, its frosting! And once that dries you want to take the darker wrapper shade, I used O.P.I's Mermaid's Tears. And take your dotting tool/toothpick to make lines down from the frosting, they can be spaced or close together.


The end result will look something like this.


Mine are pretty messy, I did them in a hurry. Sorry, was busy today. Once that's done if you're using beads/jewels you'll want to place some topcoat on your frosting, so they have something to stick too and not end up falling off. If you're using polish, just make little dots with your tool! And for the cherry on top, just make a big dot of red polish, I used Sally Hansen's Red Carpet because I like a little sparkle! And ta-da, you've got some delicious looking nails!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment